Last modified: August 3, 2020
1. INTRODUCTION. Joshua Levy Educational Consulting, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website(s) https://joshuaconsults.com or use and/or purchase any of our products, mobile applications, or services (all website(s), products, mobile applications, and services collectively deemed “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
It does not apply to information collected by:
2. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18. Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
We collect this information:
(a) Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- making any requests to the us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
(b) Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the section titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the section titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.]
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, notify us at email@example.com. For more information, see the section titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- https://joshuaconsults.com/website-terms-and-conditions/ and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
7. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- If you do not wish to have your personal information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
8. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION. You can review and change your personal information by notifying us at email@example.com.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights around our collection, use, and sharing of their personal information. We do not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
We collect various categories of personal information when you use the Website, that may include, but not be limited to, identifiers, commercial information, and internet or other electronic network or device activity information. A more detailed description of the information we collect and how we use it is provided above in Section 3. Sections 4 and 5 describe the categories of third parties, if any, with whom we share personal information, and what information may be shared under different circumstances.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow us to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request. You may also send your request by email to email@example.com or through regular mail to 7405 Teak Cove, Austin, TX 78750. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
Separate from the CCPA, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. DATA SECURITY. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
11. DATA RETENTION & PROCESSING. We will keep information you store with us for as long as we need it to provide you the Website and we may store, use, and/or transmit information in locations around the world, including those outside your country. We will keep this information and any data collected regarding all activities you have already engaged pursuant to your use of the Website for a period of time as allowed by state and federal law.